Splendid example of Romanesque architecture in Puglia
The Abbey of Santa Maria di Cerrate is a splendid example of Apulian Romanesque architecture embellished with important frescoes that make it unique in the Byzantine world.
Once a monastery with scriptorium and library, then an agricultural production center specializing in the processing of olives, since 2012 it has been entrusted in concession to the FAI with whom ArtWork is a partner in the promotion and sale of entrance tickets.
from February to May and from September to October:
from Tuesday to Sunday 10-18 (last admission 45 min before closing time)
Guided tours at 10, 11.30 and 16
from June to August:
every day from 9.30 to 13.00 and from 15.30 to 19.30 (last admission 45 min before closing time)
Guided tours at 10, 11.30, 16 and 17.30
from November to December:
from Tuesday to Sunday from 10 to 16 (last admission 45 min before closing time)
Guided tours at 10, 11.30 and 15
Entrance to the Abbey with free visit:
- FAI members: free admission*
- Full price: €8.50
- Reduced (Children 6-18 years): € 4
- Students up to 25 years old: €4
- Family (2 adults and children 6/18 years): €20
Entrance to the Abbey with guided tour
(can only be purchased on site):
- FAI members: €5.50
- Full price: €14
- Reduced (6-18 years): € 9.50
- Students up to 25 years old: €9.50
- Family (2 adults and children 6/18 years): € 35
* with the exception of specific events for which only the integration of the event will be requested.
Free admission for children up to 5 years old, INTO – International National Trusts Organization Members, Mécènes Members and Bienfaiteurs Amis du Louvre Members, people with disabilities and carer.